These seasoned potato wedges will help you forget the unhealthy fast-food chain french fries fried in a pool of oil.
Say goodbye to those unhealthy fries, and hello to these seasoned potato wedges, your fast food cravings will definitely be satisfied with these.
My inspiration for this recipe is that my family buys the Mccain frozen fries and makes them in our air fryer every day.
After reading the nutritional label I realized these fries were very unhealthy and had a lot of weird ingredients in them that I couldn’t pronounce😂-which is always a bad sign if you want to eat healthily.
And then it hit me… I can do my own healthy fries
Therefore, I googled some recipes, and that’s how this seasoned potato wedges recipe was born.
I googled some recipes and created my own 😀
Are these airfrier potato wedges gluten-free?
Absolutely, I only used regular potatoes, spices, and olive oil. Overall all the ingredients that I used are all gluten-free.
Are this air frier wedges healthy?
Yes, they are.
Matter of fact, they only have a few ingredients, and they only have 1 tbsp of olive oil in them instead of the bucket of oil that your Mcdonalds, or favorite non-vegan unhealthy burger place uses.
Also, the potatoes aren’t frozen they are fresh.
The best part is that potatoes are actually good for you if you eat them in moderation.
How can you eat these seasoned potato wedges?
I choose to make a vegan sour cream and eat them with the vegan sour cream. However, you can eat them with whatever you like; with organic ketchup, guac.
Opt for making these fries loaded like nachos.You can do your own healthy version of Taco Bell’s fries.
-2 tbsp of parsley flakes
-2 minced garlic cloves
-1 tsp of onion powder
-1 dash of black ground pepper
-1/2 tsp of chili powder
-1/2 of smoked paprika powder
-1/2 tsp of sea salt or kosher salt
-1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Vegan sour cream
-2 tbsp of apple cyder vinegar
-1 cup of soaked cashews (Soak them for 10min in hot water)
-1/2 tsp with sea salt
-Half a lemon juice
-1/4 cup with water
1.Get a pot, and toss 2 cups of water into it, and bring it to a boil.
2.In the meantime wash the potatoes, and peel the skin off from them and place them in an airtight container with a lid, but don’t close the container yet.
After you are done with that, find your cashews and put them in an air container too.
3-Oncethe water begins to boil, toss 1 cup in the container where the potatoes are
Put the rest of the water into the cashews’ container, put the lid on top, close the container, and soak the potato wedges for 20min.
4-After the 20 minutes have passed season the potatoes with the spices, and olive oil. Keep in mind that you must leave the cashews soaking don’t take them out of the container yet.
5-Throw the potato wedges into your air fryer, put 400ºF or 200ºC and fry your fries in the airfrier for 25 minutes.
6-Meanwhile, get the soaked cashews, place them in a strainer and drain them.Afterwards splash them with some cool water afterwards.
7-At the same time the potato wedges are cooking, blend the ingredeints for the vegan sour cream.
8-Toss the drained cashews, and the rest of the ingredients and blend them.
9-Next blend the ingredients, your sour cream will be done, sprinkle some parsley flakes on top.
10-By now your wedges will be done. Enjoy your vegan air frier potato wedges with your vegan sour cream, vegan cheese or ketchup 😀.
Did you make this recipe?If yes please rate it, leave a comment below telling me how was it, and if you want you can take a pic and tag me @frugalveganista or hash tag it #frugalveganista.
Thanks🤗, Jesus bless you
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”-Colossians 3:23
Air fryer seasoned potato wedges
Air fryer potato wedges
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tbsp of parsley flakes
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Vegan sour cream
- 2 tbsp of apple cyder vinegar
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/4 cup with water
- Get a pot, and toss 2 cups of water into it, and bring it to a boil.
- Peel you potatoes cut them in wedges and put them in an airtight container with a lid, but don't close the container yet. Also, get your cashews and put them in an air container too.
- Once the water boils, toss 1 cup-and the rest of the water into the cashews- into the containers with the potatoes, and cashews, put the lid on top, close the container and soak the potato wedges for 20min.
- After the 20 minutes have passed season the potatoes with the spices, and olive oil. By the way, leave the cashews soaking don't take them out of the container yet.
- Throw the potato wedges into your air fryer, put 400ºF or 200ºC and fry your fries in the ayr frier for 25 minutes.
- Remember the soaked cashews? Get them and drain them with a strainer and splash them with some cool water afterwards.
- During the time the wedges are cooking, start working in the vegan sour cream.
- Toss the drained cashews, and the rest of the ingredients and blend them.
- After you blend the ingredients, your sour cream will be done, sprinkle some parsley flakes on top.
- 10-By now your wedges will be done. Enjoy your vegan air frier potato wedges with your vegan sour cream, vegan cheese or ketchup 😀.