These vegan supreme nachos beat their non-vegan counterparts in Taco bell. If you love Taco’s bells nachos supreme, then you will love these nachos.
They are easy to make, and a healthy alternative to satisfy your craving for taco bell’s nachos supreme or other nachos supreme.
Now you can enjoy nachos supreme without being guilty or quitting your vegan diet🤣
You can eat these vegan nachos as your lunch, brunch, snack, or dinner, it really doesn’t mind when you eat them.
I personally enjoy eating them for lunch😀. I got the idea to do these nachos after seeing my sister eating the nachos supreme from Taco Bell.
I almost broke my vegan diet that day!. I only had two choices: breaking my vegan diet or doing my own nachos🤣.
Are all these sauces made from scratch?
Yes, they are😀. I made the cheese sauce, the sour cream, the guacamole, and the bean paste.
I know some people may think is a lot of work, but I don’t think it is, especially when you really want to reach that goal of becoming healthy, and fit.
How you make the vegan nachos supreme?
The only things you need to do for these nachos are the vegan cheese, the vegan sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, and bean paste.
By the way, you don’t need to do the tortilla chips from scratch, but if you enjoy doing them, and the extra work that comes with it, then do so🤣
You pick with thing you want to do first,the order doesn’t matter.
Here are the steps for every sauce:
1-Grab two potatoes peel their skin off, and put them in a cooking pan in high heat and boil them until they turn soft.
2-Get the carrot and wash it, and trim the ends, and put them in a steamer basket or steamer strainer bring the water to a boil and cover the carrots.
Check the carrots regularly to see if they are tender, once they are tender remove the lid, and pull the carrots out.
3-Toss the carrot, the potatoes, and the rest of your ingredients into your blender, and blend them in until you have a yellow soft mixture.
4-Sprinkle some paprika for decoration after you are done with your cheese sauce (Optional step)
Vegan sour cream
1-Throw a cup of cashews in a cooking pot with water, turn on the stove to medium heat and bring the cashews to a boil.
After they are boiling put the cashews with the boiling water in an airtight container and let it rest for 15 minutes before you put them in the blender.
2-Thereafter the 15 minutes, go ahead and toss the cashew in your blender. Once you have a white semi-thick paste you can stop blending the ingredients.
Pico de gallo
1-Chop the tomato, onion,cilantro ,and crush the garlic with a garlic crusher or a fork.
2-Place all the ingredients in a bowl, add the sea salt or kosher salt, olive oil, and stir them with a spoon until they are well combined.
Black bean paste
1-Buy our find a can of organic beans,open the can and rinse the beans 3x.
2-Take the beans out of the can and place them on a plate and start crushing them with a fork until your form a thick paste.
1-Peel the avocado skin, and start crushing it with a fork.
2-Crush a clove of garlic, squeeze a lime and toss it into your guacamole.
3-Mix the ingredients with a spoon
Can you make these nachos gluten-free?
Yes, you can!😀
I used flax seed corn tortillas from Trader Joes, but you can use any gluten-free corn tortillas.
You can use Zack’s mighty organic tortilla chips, they are gluten-free, and don’t have GMO.
How long does these sauces last in the fridge?
The vegan sour cream will last a week, the pico de gallo can last a week in an airtight container sitting in your fridge, the bean paste only can last 3-4 days after you open it, and the vegan cheese sauce will last 5-7 days in an airtight container.
What can I do with the leftovers?
There are countless dishes that you can do with your leftovers like a vegan bean burrito, vegan taco, vegan burrito bowl, vegan crunchy wrap, etc.
You can put the vegan cheese on popcorn, homemade air fryer fries, as I did.
What I did with my leftovers the next day were a crunchy vegan wrap and vegan cheese fries.
No, they weren’t real oily fries, I put some frozen fries to cook in my Dash air fryer, and I ate them.
Tips for the make great vegan nachos
- Make sure the vegan cheese is hot, so you can taste the flavors better.
- Use canned organic beans instead of raw beans. Making all these sauces from scratch takes time so I advise you to save time by using organic canned beans.
- After you boil the cashews, make sure you leave the cashews sitting in an airtight container for 15 minutes.
The best vegan nachos supreme
- Whatever utensils you have in your kitchen
Vegan cheese sauce
- 1 Carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Smooked paprika powder or regular paprika powder
- 1 tsp of sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or unswetened plant based milk
- 1 avocado
- Sprinkle ground pepper
- Sprinkle sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 a lime
- 1 can of organic beans.
Vegan sour cream
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1/2 a lime
- 2 tbsp apple cyder vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
Pico de gallo
- 1/2 a lime
- Sprinkle some salt
- A handful of cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Start working on the vegan cheese sauce first.Wash and peel the potatoes, and carrot and put them in a cooking pan with water and remove them from there after you make sure that the vegetables are tender with a fork or knife.
- Once they are ready put them in the blender along with the other ingredients for the vegan cheese sauce.
- After you finish with the vegan cheese sauce, proceed to do the pico de gallo. Chop the onion, cilantro, and tomatoes, and crush your garlic, and toss it into a bowl so you can mix the ingredients and unify the flavor. After you're done sprinkle the ground pepper and put the salt, and mixe the ingredients in a bowl one last time.
- Work in the vegan sour cream. Grab the cashews and put them in a cooking pan with water and bring them to a boil. After you see the water is boiling, take the cashews and put them in an airtight container, and let them sit there for 15 minutes. After 15-minute have passed, grab the cashews and the rest of the ingredients, put them in a blender, and blend them until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Time for the guac.Grab an avocado and mash it with a fork until the avocado becomes a paste, get the rest of the ingredients and mix them with that avocado paste.
- Last, but not least, do the bean paste. Grab a can of organic black beans, and rinse the can 3 times with filtered water to get rid of the excess of salt. After you finish with that, get a fork and crushing these beans until you have a bean paste.
- Congrats!You're done! Now serve with organic flaxseed tortilla chips.
Do you like this recipe? Do you have any favorite fats food that needs a little vegan healthy makeover? Feel free to share it in a comment below so I can work on a recipe.
Please, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog, share this article if you like it, and follow me on Instagram so you can see my latest recipes, and vegan health tips😀, thanks🤗
Remember that SHARING is CARING 🤗